6:13 AM

The case of the mysterious fowl

Another hilarious incident took place at the supermarket when I was out shoppping for some fowl which I thought would be a change from my daily rice, fried vegetables, ground pork routine.
I stared hard at the meat varieties that were available at the meat section of the supermarket. I saw a rather large sized bird stripped of all feather and minus its neck on display. I could not discern what it could be. was it a turkey? Or a big chicken? Not ready to take any chances with unfamiliar items I asked the person in charge in English what kind of bird was that. But as usual the all German staff covered in sterile clothing had little to tell me that could be of help.
An elderly lady with a fractured hand was watching this strange one way conversation and felt she had to contribute.
Turning towards us she started flapping her hands vigorously making cackling sounds as she did and we all, including the old lady ended up laughing up hilariously.
What she was saying was that it was a bird, probably a big bird and was safe to eat. But that didn't answer our question- what bird was it.
So I left it at that and went for the usual ground pork routine and headed home with a light heart. These Germans.. they were funloving and..... crazy!!

2 HITCHHIKERS:

Dex said...

Ha ha. That was funny. If some guy in a supermarket were to flap his hands and make strange clucking noises, I would scoot the first opportunity I got :)

CuppajavaMattiz said...

Well sign language is the best bet when you have no other means of communication.